Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)2023-05-03T19:32:03+01:00

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

An Energy Performance Certificate is required for properties when constructed, sold or let. The Energy Performance Certificate provides details on the energy performance of the property and what you can do to improve it.

  • Valid for 10 Years
  • Fully Qualified, Accredited & Insured Assessors
  • EPC Delivered electronically
  • Copy provided to Tenant on your behalf
  • Copy kept on our Database for 10 years

If the Landlord already has a valid EPC for the Property, then the Landlord must make this available to us for any prospective tenants.

Where the Landlord does not have a valid EPC for the Property, he can order one here and Cube Letting Agents will arrange it for a fixed fee of £80 Inc. VAT.

Please note that Since April 2018 it is illegal to rent any residential or commercial property in England, Scotland or Wales with an EPC Rating below E.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is an EPC?2023-05-01T18:22:56+01:00

The Government is complying with the Energy Performance of Building Directive (EPBD) with the introduction of the Energy Performance Certificate. The EPC shows a record of the energy efficiency levels and CO2 emissions of a building, by using a standard table from A to G (A being very efficient, G being very inefficient).

Firstly, the energy survey is performed by a qualified energy assessor who visits the property and examines key items within the premises such as loft insulation, domestic boiler, hot water tank, radiators, windows for double glazing, etc. Once this information is obtained it is then placed into a software programme which carries out and calculates the level of energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.

This programme then proceeds to generate the level of energy efficiency in the property, with a recommendation report on the ways to improve the energy ratings by using cost effective and low and zero carbon generated systems. This will help improve your energy levels and ensure future savings on fuel costs.

There is a similar report which provides figures on the environmental impact. This report shows a table of estimated energy bills per annum and the potential for improved and lower fuel costs, but without any reference to the actual householder bills.

Who requires an EPC?2023-05-01T18:23:29+01:00

As of the 21st May 2010, if you decide to place your property on the market for sale or rent in England and Wales you will need to purchase an EPC.

Who is responsible for obtaining an EPC?2023-05-01T18:24:01+01:00

With a new build it is the responsibility of the person carrying out the work. They must provide the owner with the certificate and inform the Building Control Officer or Approved Inspector that this has been completed within the specified time.

When you are selling or renting your property, you, as the seller or landlord must provide the EPC. The certificate is available free of charge and should be given to the prospective buyer or tenant prior to entering into a sale or lease agreement.

The householder will have to pay for this survey and we offer extremely competitive prices.

The survey is entirely non-invasive as the information provided to the assessor is given directly from the householder. For example, whether the property has cavity wall insulation or not, even when there is no evidence of drill holes present.

Can I market or rent the property before I receive the EPC?2023-05-01T18:30:24+01:00

As long as you have already ordered and paid for an EPC then you are permitted to put your property on the market or advertise it for renting purposes. We will make sure you receive confirmation of your order immediately after booking the EPC.

How do I order my EPC?2023-05-01T18:30:52+01:00

You can easily place your order for the EPC via this website.

Why advertise with Cube Letting Agents

Cube Letting Agents is the smart way to advertise your rental property on the UK’s major property websites.
You’ll save 100’s of £’s per property and find a tenant in 8 days on average.
You’ll get unbeatable coverage on Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online advertising sites.

Go to Top